My name is Wade, and I am a traveler on year 10 of my continuous journey around the world. Herein are travel photos from my journeys in East Asia, Southeast Asia, the Indian Subcontinent, Europe, Africa, Central and South America.

Visit my main website at Vagabondjourney.com

Custom Search

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Panama Viejo Ruins Photos

Panama Viejo Ruins Photographs

Panama Viejo is a UNESCO World Heritage Site located just outside of Panama City. It was the original site of Panama City, but it was destroyed by Henry Morgan and his band of pirates. The Panama Viejo Ruins still stand today. To get there just take an Ave. Balboa bus that says Panama Viejo in the window. The driver will drop you off in front of the ruins.

The ruins of Panama Viejo- a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

The tower of Old Panama. They ask you for your ticket on your way up it. If you jumped the fence like I did to avoid paying $5, you better run.



Casa del Obispado in the ruins of Old Panama which were sacked by pirates.

Photograph of the Panama Viejo Ruins.

Photo of the ruins at Panama Viejo.

The tower of Old Panama.

The Panama Viejo Ruins are very extensive and cover a large area.

A UNESCO World Heritage Site.

Where I hid after being caught by security for visiting Panama Viejo ticketless. I got away.

Wade from Vagabond Journey.com
Heredia, Costa Rica
February 27, 2008

For more on Old Panama please visit Song of the Open Road Travel Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ho fellow travelers! Please leave any comment you can think of about photography and traveling!